Homemade Almond Butter
Almond butter is a delicious plant-based source of proteins and healthy fats. And while you can certainly buy it at a grocery store, there is nothing quite like homemade. In addition, you are going to be pleasantly surprised when you see how easy it is to make it.
- Almonds (2 – 4 cups, depending on the capacity of your food processor)
- A pinch of sea salt (optional but recommended)
- Place your almonds on a rimmed baking sheet and into a preheated oven of 120 Celcius for 12 – 15 minutes.
- Place warmed almonds into your food processor and slowly start breaking them down by pulsing a few times.
- Continue mixing at a steady speed, but don’t forget to stop your food processor from time to time. That way you can scrape down the sides and give your processor a chance to cool off.
- You will notice the oils released from the almonds and your mixture becoming smoother. That’s when you’ll know your almond butter is ready.
P.S. Don’t forget to be patient as this process might take up to 30 minutes.