“Curried” chickpeas wrap
These “curried” chickpea wraps are so good you will not believe it. They are perfect to make ahead, pack for lunch and have ready to go for busy days. The combination of flavors is so delicious – a little sweet, spicy and salty and this vegan one-skillet meal is one of the easiest and healthiest meals you can make. When I decided to make this recipe I wasn’t sure if my husband was going to eat it (his actual words were “I hate chickpeas”), well it sure did pass the test with flying colors because he really loved it!
- 2 small Lebanese pitas (or whole wheat tortilla)
- 1/2 can rinsed and strained chickpeas
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 sweet pepper (any color you like)
- 30 gr. cashew nuts (about 2 Tbsp.)
- 2 Tbsp. raisins
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. carry powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Greek yogurt (to add in the pita)
- In a small skillet, we warm the olive oil and add the onion, garlic, cumin, and curry and saute for 2 – 3 minutes.
- We add the chickpeas and peppers and continue to saute them until our vegetables are a little soft.
- Then we add the lemon juice and the raisins and keep cooking them until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Finally, we roast our cashew nuts for a few minutes to give them a nice color.
- Leave your mixture aside to cool for a bit and then fill your pita with half of the mixture and fold it.
DeliDiet Tip #1: If you like the extra freshness you can spread some low-fat yogurt on your pita before filling it.
DeliDiet Tip #2: You can enjoy it warm or cold and it will taste as good.
DeliDiet Tip #3: If you find yourself with any leftovers (which I doubt you will), just add some brown rice and simply make another healthy meal for the next day!
Watch the video in Greek here